Monday, April 03, 2006

Touching Base With Home

I opened an email from my mom this morning in which she was curious about an article she had heard about in the West Central Tribune out of Willmar, Minnesota. Apparently the local sports writer T.J. Bartlett had jotted a few lines about me in response to my blog. I have known T.J. a little while as he wrote an article about my international playing experiences a few years ago.

It's a little strange to here second hand about things which are written about you in the media. It's flattering, but weird.

In the brief article T.J. refers to me as a Ex-Litchfield Star....well, obviousley T.J. never saw me play. I was more like an abandoned space station than a star. In either case it's nice to know people at home are keeping tabs on me. It helps me feel a little less disconnected.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Andrew,

This is so fun. I'm really enjoying your articles.
I e-mailed Barlett and told who I was and he sent me the article. Pays to be Mommy.
Well I look forward to reading this daily nice way to understand what your into.
Greet Hege for us, we love you both.
Take care

Love
Mom & Charlie

I'm looking forward to having Kim and Jordan near us.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home