A Call to Arms
As I mentioned earlier a good portion of my time is spent working with Norwegian baseball. Technically my job is to serve as the manager of the National Team but all of the duties inherent with any baseball program go along with it.
Currently we are making strides to give baseball a big marketing push. Our situation is rather bleak at the moment with already low participation numbers seemingly dwindling by the day and with little emphasis having been placed on youth recruitment in recent seasons.
So I call to all of you to help us out. If you have any good marketing slogans you might want to run by me I'm all ears. For all of you smart asses you need not...well, what the heck, I'll take anything.
We're looking to target primarily kids but are open to anyone taking an interest in the game. I would prefer to avoid heavily associating the game with American culture because of the tendency for people to strive to identify themselves based on their own culture. What some call a inferiority complex might be better described as desire to define one's self by their own cultural characteristics. Therefore I would like to find a way to bolster Norwegian ownership in the game.
So hit me back, I'm looking forward to your ideas.
Currently we are making strides to give baseball a big marketing push. Our situation is rather bleak at the moment with already low participation numbers seemingly dwindling by the day and with little emphasis having been placed on youth recruitment in recent seasons.
So I call to all of you to help us out. If you have any good marketing slogans you might want to run by me I'm all ears. For all of you smart asses you need not...well, what the heck, I'll take anything.
We're looking to target primarily kids but are open to anyone taking an interest in the game. I would prefer to avoid heavily associating the game with American culture because of the tendency for people to strive to identify themselves based on their own culture. What some call a inferiority complex might be better described as desire to define one's self by their own cultural characteristics. Therefore I would like to find a way to bolster Norwegian ownership in the game.
So hit me back, I'm looking forward to your ideas.

1 Comments:
Hi Andy,
I am bad at Norwegian, so that claims would be just impossible. If you think about local regional roots & combine with some trends kids like you should do fine. Also try to get the schools to join, first the teachers, then the kids - Georg should have more details how to be sucessfull. Later, Henning from Cologne, Germany
PS: I like reading your stuff
Post a Comment
<< Home