Hodge Podge
First, I'm home...finally. I landed in Cologne last night at 10:00 and drove a little over three hours to Den Hague where I have a room that I am provided during the summer. I packed and drifted to sleep while watching the first few innings of the Twins vs. Royals on mlbtv.
It's funny how I start to feel more and more comfortable as I get nearer to home. I found myself extremely releived to here Norwegians speaking in the Amsterdam airport.
In honor of being home and thankful here are a few rambling thoughts on some of my favorite things from various places I have been.
Oslo:
1. It's home, so I'm biased. But its just so damn nice here.
2. A sunny day in Norway is rarely underappreciated. If the sun is out, even if it is cold and there is snow on the ground, Norwegians soak it up. On any given day as I walk through the park I will see people sitting on the snow covered park benches with their faces pushed to the sky, eyes closed as if they are sniffing a boquet of roses. There they sit lapping up the rays.
3. Recycling. Oslo is not known for their recycling but the Norwegians government seems to make a great effort to promote recycling. Today on the way home I noticed ads in the tram wagons with cool slogans that explain how your cereal box could be yesterdays newspaper...so recycle. The ads are not uncommon.
Italy:
The food. I'm not sure the food is so great, but just being in Italy makes you think it is. There is something about the way they treat a meal. It makes me want to smack my lips as I eat in a manner that would be crude at my mothers dinner table but seems to convey a love of flavor in Italy. oh, the wine ain't bad either.
USA:
My former home of which I have a natural love for. But, chipotle burritos, mountain dew, and starbucks!
Just a few rambling thoughts for you. I'm pretty cashed out mentally right now and will call it a night. It's been a long 15 days.
It's funny how I start to feel more and more comfortable as I get nearer to home. I found myself extremely releived to here Norwegians speaking in the Amsterdam airport.
In honor of being home and thankful here are a few rambling thoughts on some of my favorite things from various places I have been.
Oslo:
1. It's home, so I'm biased. But its just so damn nice here.
2. A sunny day in Norway is rarely underappreciated. If the sun is out, even if it is cold and there is snow on the ground, Norwegians soak it up. On any given day as I walk through the park I will see people sitting on the snow covered park benches with their faces pushed to the sky, eyes closed as if they are sniffing a boquet of roses. There they sit lapping up the rays.
3. Recycling. Oslo is not known for their recycling but the Norwegians government seems to make a great effort to promote recycling. Today on the way home I noticed ads in the tram wagons with cool slogans that explain how your cereal box could be yesterdays newspaper...so recycle. The ads are not uncommon.
Italy:
The food. I'm not sure the food is so great, but just being in Italy makes you think it is. There is something about the way they treat a meal. It makes me want to smack my lips as I eat in a manner that would be crude at my mothers dinner table but seems to convey a love of flavor in Italy. oh, the wine ain't bad either.
USA:
My former home of which I have a natural love for. But, chipotle burritos, mountain dew, and starbucks!
Just a few rambling thoughts for you. I'm pretty cashed out mentally right now and will call it a night. It's been a long 15 days.

4 Comments:
Andy,
Nice blog you got, it is fun to keep track of what you are doing.
The MCCC State Tournament is played today and tomorrow, again without Riverland Qualifying. Ridgewater is of course again favored to win it all... I will be leaving Minnesota next week to be back in Sweden reday for the 2006 Elite Series.
Hope to see you in Karlskoga for the Nordics in a couple of weeks!
Take care
// Elias
[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Escape Slow Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Hastily Find HD Movies, PC Games, MP3 Albums, Applications and Download Them @ Fast Speeds
[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]
Recount reside the pitiless with two backs casinos? lucubrate this advanced [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] advisor and wing it naval disrate online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also impede our lately [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] mastery at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and do in immovable folding alteration !
another voguish [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] position is www.ttittancasino.com , in the mending of german gamblers, urge well-wishing online casino bonus.
top [url=http://www.xgambling.org/]casino online[/url] hinder the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]casino bonus[/url] manumitted no consign perk at the foremost [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino bonus
[/url].
Post a Comment
<< Home