Saturday, March 15, 2008

Back in Action

Apparently someone actually reads the garbage I write. I have received a few comments recently in the recent past relating to my whimsical thoughts within digital mass media. So, for those people who have commented and the other four people and my mother who actually read this, I'm gonna try and be a little better. I would like to personally thank my new friend the Wolf for his motivational encouragement. May he find zen in the garden of European baseball.

Another season is underway. It seems to get earlier every year. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I love the season, I love baseball, the green grass, sun and all that stuff, but seriously, it's still pretty winter like in most of Europe. I was in Montpellier and Toulouse last week for a small tournament and basically froze my butt off. My hands were so cold I couldn't run the stopwatch, and that was with mittens on.

A funny story from the trip: Winter vacation had just begun for the French school kids but these baseball guys still had a tournament to play before they could depart for their vacations for the week. So following the game a few of the kids left immediately with their parents. Well one of the kids had used the keys to the team van earlier in the day and forgot to give them back. By the time we realized he had the keys he was an hour and half outside the city....so we (I tagged along with the team) all waited in the cold for him to come back before we could make our 3 hour journey home. To kill time we played 'oppo mush ball' which is a new French game very similiar to baseball. The rules are as follows:
3. Official ball must be a miniature soccer ball made of soft material.
2. All things must be done oppositte (i.e. bat and throw with your oppositte hands,run to 3rd after you hit the ball etc..)
1. The game is over when the keys are returned and you can get back in the van.

Up in Norway we played our first games of the year in an indoor tournament in Fredrikstad. The newly founded Kristiansand Suns, for whom I am vice president of chaos managed a victory in one game and played and relatively experienced Balkam Alligators Club in a close match to conclude the evening.

In light of the new season I'd like to make public my three personal goals:
1. Maintain a healthy diet while on the road.
2. Maintain a semi-regular workout program while on the road.
3. Maintain a semi-regular sleep schedule while on the road.

Happy Easter and we'll chat soon.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you are back in action. Hope all is well across the puddle.
Happy Easter,
Rosengrattoer, Roddemacker,..Roddy,
#9

Monday, March 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew

I'm glad your back on the page, I look every day. For your team the Suns could you do any of that in English. Nice photo of all of you. Good luck with the season.

Love You

Mommy

Monday, March 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always great to catch up with all your news. I enjoyed viewing your new club set up and the pics, particularly the baseball photo. Great shot! Looking good also! I agree with your Mum, some English news on your site would be good. The only word I can read is Andy, and hell who's he? Must be someone special hey. Take care and enjoy the ride.

Friday, April 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy,

After a very cold spring we are finally off to another season of MN Amateur baseball.

Got any games/tournaments I can come play in? Seriously! Email me:rswendra@amfam.com

Friday, May 09, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not a new blog since March...I'm getting antsy to read another entry.

Your favorite sis,
Kim

Sunday, June 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi old boy,
Come on, stop being lasy and write a few funny stories to the folks with a sedentary lifestyle like me...
Best,
Romulo

Tuesday, July 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ
What's up? How about some news?

Monday, July 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home