Okay already, I'll write something. Hang on there.....
It's been a rough year. A long year. Hopefully a fruitful one as well.
I guess I'll pick up where I left off. With an update on my goals which I honestly can barely remember.
1. Maintain a healthy weight.
Status: Uh....not good.
2. Maintain a workout program on the road.
Status: Uh.....not good.
3. Maintain a regular sleep schedule.
Status: Uh....I'm writing this at 1:30A.M. so, not good either.
The season is a grind. I'm currently finishing up a stint in the Czech Repbulic. Previous to this I was home in Minnesota for a few days visiting family, friends, and shopping. Before that I did a few days at Haarlem Baseball Week. I left home on July 6th and am hoping to be home by July 28th. I have not eaten a meal cooked in a persons home since July 3rd maybe (July 5th we roasted a real pig in a buddy's backyard).
My Fiance and I moved into our new house in early June. When I last saw it in early July there was still tape on the walls from the fresh painting I was trying to complete (but failed to do so) and our living room had no furniture in it. My lady reports that it still feels empty but is coming along nicely. I'm excited to see it and get the opportunity to cut my new lawn. I wouldn't mind a big dumb golden retriever roaming around out there either.
Prospect Report: The following players were either signed by me or I had something to do with it. Honestly I don't know how, within international scouting, a player can be associated to one guy. We use several scouts to see each guy before signing him so it's more of a team effort. Here's a sampling of some of our boys listed from most newest signee to oldest:
1. Fred Hanvi: France
2. Matej Hejma: Czech Republic
3. Mauro Schiavoni: Argentina/Italy (he was playing in Italy when we first saw him but he signed with the Reds as a catcher. When they released him we picked him up as a pitcher)
4. Andrei Lobanov: Russia
5. Nikolai Lobanov: Russia
6. Tom Stuifbergen: Netherlands
7. Loek Van Mil: Netherlands (on his way to China for the Olympics)
Released players include:
Wesley Connor: Netherlands
Rodney Gessmann: Germany
In other news:
While home I was honored and humbled to be inducted in the Litchfield Baseball Hall of Fame. I was inducted alongside two of the best guys and baseball people I know, my former high school coach Jeff Wollin and my best friend and presiding Minnesota State Champ head coach Troy Urdahl of St Anthony Village High School. Not sure I'm in that class but I'll take what I can get.
It was interesting to see the talent level of my former team while I was home. It really is a lot like European baseball in many ways. Lots of guys with families, jobs, and mortgages battling it out on the weekends and summer evenings. The Litchfield Blues were the backbone of my youth and one of the main reasons I have the passion for baseball I do.
Enough for this morning. I need to pack and get the hell out of here in the morning.
It's been a rough year. A long year. Hopefully a fruitful one as well.
I guess I'll pick up where I left off. With an update on my goals which I honestly can barely remember.
1. Maintain a healthy weight.
Status: Uh....not good.
2. Maintain a workout program on the road.
Status: Uh.....not good.
3. Maintain a regular sleep schedule.
Status: Uh....I'm writing this at 1:30A.M. so, not good either.
The season is a grind. I'm currently finishing up a stint in the Czech Repbulic. Previous to this I was home in Minnesota for a few days visiting family, friends, and shopping. Before that I did a few days at Haarlem Baseball Week. I left home on July 6th and am hoping to be home by July 28th. I have not eaten a meal cooked in a persons home since July 3rd maybe (July 5th we roasted a real pig in a buddy's backyard).
My Fiance and I moved into our new house in early June. When I last saw it in early July there was still tape on the walls from the fresh painting I was trying to complete (but failed to do so) and our living room had no furniture in it. My lady reports that it still feels empty but is coming along nicely. I'm excited to see it and get the opportunity to cut my new lawn. I wouldn't mind a big dumb golden retriever roaming around out there either.
Prospect Report: The following players were either signed by me or I had something to do with it. Honestly I don't know how, within international scouting, a player can be associated to one guy. We use several scouts to see each guy before signing him so it's more of a team effort. Here's a sampling of some of our boys listed from most newest signee to oldest:
1. Fred Hanvi: France
2. Matej Hejma: Czech Republic
3. Mauro Schiavoni: Argentina/Italy (he was playing in Italy when we first saw him but he signed with the Reds as a catcher. When they released him we picked him up as a pitcher)
4. Andrei Lobanov: Russia
5. Nikolai Lobanov: Russia
6. Tom Stuifbergen: Netherlands
7. Loek Van Mil: Netherlands (on his way to China for the Olympics)
Released players include:
Wesley Connor: Netherlands
Rodney Gessmann: Germany
In other news:
While home I was honored and humbled to be inducted in the Litchfield Baseball Hall of Fame. I was inducted alongside two of the best guys and baseball people I know, my former high school coach Jeff Wollin and my best friend and presiding Minnesota State Champ head coach Troy Urdahl of St Anthony Village High School. Not sure I'm in that class but I'll take what I can get.
It was interesting to see the talent level of my former team while I was home. It really is a lot like European baseball in many ways. Lots of guys with families, jobs, and mortgages battling it out on the weekends and summer evenings. The Litchfield Blues were the backbone of my youth and one of the main reasons I have the passion for baseball I do.
Enough for this morning. I need to pack and get the hell out of here in the morning.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home